Cordyceps is one of the most popular natural remedies of traditional Asian medicine and is only consumed for its health benefits. Also known as Cordyceps sinensis, it is popularly referred to as ‘winter insect, summer grass’, a name that has to do with its development and fruiting. Cordyceps is special and scare, and fetches a high price. In fact nomadic shepherds of Tibet call this mushroom their treasure.
Five powerful benefits of Cordyceps
- Fatigue – Cordyceps properties increase energy production and recovery after illnesses. Particularly helpful in conditions with prominent symptoms of fatigue and sports performance.
- Improves fertility – Unique composition of Cordyceps increase sexual appetite and fertility. It is considered a powerful aphrodisiac!
- Immunity – Compounds within Cordyceps balance the immune system.
- Kidney health – Cordyceps is effective in improving conditions relating to kidney function.
- Respiratory function – Medicinal properties of Cordyceps work to improve lung function and breathing. Useful in conditions such as asthma, bronchitis and COPD.
Some nutrients featured in Cordyceps
- Beta-Glucans, known to support the immune system.
- Cordycepic acid, supports liver and kidney health.
- Ergosterol, the precursor of vitamin D.
- Essential amino acids.
- High in Vitamins B1, B2, B12, E and K.
- Rich in minerals sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, manganese, zinc, selenium.